It’s not just the Parish Council. Many local groups, societies and activities have been relying on apps like Zoom to link up groups of people live. Book Clubs, Folk Clubs, Tai Chi classes, Yoga Classes and many more have linked up in this way. And many others have been sharing a meal with friends, ‘meeting up for a few beers’ online or simply saying hello to someone new. Perhaps the fact that even the most technologically averse have found innocent pleasure in sharing cat videos on Whats App, or linking up with old friends and distant relatives via FaceTime will mean that, in the new normal future, we will be better at staying in touch with our friends and families because we’ve become a little better at looking at life through the other end of the telescope.
- COMMON SENSE vs INSENSITIVE COMPLACENCY (and the need for continued support for the vulnerable)
- LOCAL VOLUNTEER SUPPORT MAY BE NEEDED MORE NOW THAN EVER
- SEW MUCH GOOD WORK GOING ON LOCALLY
- GOV.UK ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT EASING OF COVID RESTRICTIONS
- COULD THIS BE THE START OF A NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH LOCAL SHOPS AND HIGH STREETS?